Blue Line BJJ is proud to announce the next Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Seminar for 2019 in St. Paul, MN. This will be our third large training event after successful seminars in Chicago and Washington DC. We are very excited to partner with Storm Training Group for this next opportunity to once again be in the Upper Midwest.
This truly unique event will take place on Saturday, August 17th from 2pm-6:30pm. There are a number of reasons this seminar will be unlike other Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu seminars for law enforcement:
- There will be FOUR Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belts each teaching one hour blocks. Each of these black belts also have extensive law enforcement experience.
- The first two hours will be open exclusively to members of the law enforcement community.
- After the law enforcement only segments, there will be an open mat open to EVERYONE. Law enforcement and regular jiu-jitsu practitioners are welcome to attend this open mat for some friendly rolls as we transition to the second half of the seminar.
- The final two hours will again be open to EVERYONE and will focus on sport jiu-jitsu techniques that also serve a functional purpose for officers working the job.
- EVERYONE is welcome to participate in our fundraising raffle as we give away some great prizes.
- 100% of the proceeds will go directly to a new charity being formed to help members of the law enforcement community.
Our hope is that participants take the opportunity to network with other members of the law enforcement community that share your passion for jiu-jitsu. We are expecting a wide range of city police, county deputies, special agents (federal), criminal justice educators, and jailers. If you choose, bring agency patches and challenge coins if you wish to make some trades. A proof of employment will be required for everyone participating in the first two-hour segment.
Further information is available by using the navigation visible on the right side of the screen. However, here are some quick details regarding the seminar:
- Date is Saturday, August 17th
- Time is 2pm-6:30pm (reference the format link for further)
- Location is Spartan Martial Arts in Oakdale, MN
- Cost is $30 for the first two hours and $30 for the following two hours that are open to the public. For law enforcement officers who wish to attend the entire event, we are offering a reduced rate of $50 until July 1st, 2019.